Breadcrumb

MCBL 250 Seminar - Siyi Ge & Talyssa Topacio

UCR Campus
-
Zoom

The Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology's weekly Plant Pathology 250 seminar series is presented this week by:

Siyi Ge, Microbiology Graduate Student (PhD), UC Riverside 

Seminar Title: "AI-1 signals affect gut microbiota through modulating secondary bile acid synthesis"

Biography: I am a fifth-year PhD candidate in Dr. Ansel Hsiao's lab, focusing on the study of Vibrio cholerae infection. My dissertation explores the intricate relationships between bile salts, bile salt hydrolase, and the infection process of V. cholerae. Additionally, my research interests include quorum sensing and is role in the gut microbiota, particularly within the context of V. cholerae infections. Through my work, I aim to advance our understanding of these interactions and contribute to the development of novel therapeutic approaches to combat bacterial infections. 

&

Talyssa Topacio, Microbiolgy Graduate Student (PhD), UC Riverside 

Seminar Title: "Examining changes in the lung microbiome in response to chronic dust exposure"

Biography: Talyssa Topacio is a 5th Year PhD candidate in Dr. Emma Aronson's lab. In collaboration with a handful of researchers focused on the ecologic and public health consequences of a desiccating Salton Sea, her work aims to describe the changes in the lung microbiome relative to host pulmonary inflammation associated with chronic dust exposure. 

Faculty Hosts: Dr. Emma Aronson; emma.aronson@ucr.edu

Type
Microbiology 250
Target Audience
Students, Faculty, Staff
Admission
Free
Let us help you with your search